Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Heaven Blade continued, and further news

So over the weekend, I went to do more work on the sword prop for my friend, and I discovered, to my dismay, that the glue was still wet.  It was probably because of the cold temperatures over the weekend, and that I am working in my basement, and I probably used too much glue in my haste.  I can see a few other things I messed up as well.

It appears as I will have to start over.  (Boooo!)  This may be a blessing in disguise, though.  I went to the local home improvement giganto-store, and found a few more dowel rods that were almost perfectly straight!  I also opted to pick up a set of better clamps, the ratcheting kind with pistol-grips.

I'm going to rethink my design and make a new blank for the sword, working slower this time, by making one side of the sandwich first, by gluing the spine in and letting it dry before gluing the other half down.  It is good to see that my construction methods and ideas are sound, however, and it was just my haste that set me back.

Seems to be a characteristic of mine.

Pictures will go up here when I do more work.

I may get to do some work on it tonight, but I had to spend most of my day re-installing everything on my PC, as my OS freaked out on me, and I found out my backup wasn't just that so much.  As I'm writing this, I'm re-installing my video card drivers, which should be the last step.  I don't have all the programs I once did, but I've got most of them back.

No comments:

Post a Comment